Accessibility Test Expert
Raleigh, NC,UNITED STATES
Create, document and manage test plans, test cases and scripts to ensure quality products and services are available through the Digital Channel by focusing on the users’ experience.
Candidate will be responsible for:
· Collaboratively define and execute on BB&T accessibility strategy
· Work with the Lead Accessibility Expert to provide solutions for complex issues
· Manage accessibility defects and issues by being the first line of support for UAT testers across all platforms
· Contribute to and coordinate training for UAT Testers
· Assist in procuring, maintaining, assessing, and administering testing tools and managing accessibility vendors, if
· Carry out functional assistive technology testing with screen readers and other assistive technologies
· Conduct accessibility testing reviews on prototypes that require visual inspection (special emphasis on use of
fonts, images, focus indicators, text resizing and color contrast)
· Manage accessibility audits, regular scans of production sites
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Develop test plans by working with other User Acceptance Analysts, Implementation Managers, Project Managers, lines of business (LOBs), Information Technology (IT) and users. Ensure established standards and guidelines are followed to meet the highest level of quality by using structured testing.
2. Develop, review and maintain test cases and test scripts/procedures from requirement documentation, specification documentation and/or business scenarios.
3. Execute test scripts/procedures for validation and document test results.
4. Contribute to the establishment of standards and procedures for program design and testing through recommendations and reviews.
5. Lead process/quality improvement activities.
6. Research, evaluate and procure new/additional hardware and/or testing software.
7. Maintain Digital Channel lab environment and testing tools.
8. Provide management with reports on problem resolutions and test progress.
9. Provide mentoring and guidance to Test Analysts I and II.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· In depth knowledge of HTML and CSS
· At least 3 years’ experience doing accessibility testing
· In depth knowledge of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0
· Experience using assistive technologies, primarily Windows, iOS and Android screen readers
· Experience using popular accessibility testing tools
· 5+ years’ experience accessibility testing
· Knowledge of ARIA
· Experience accessibility testing in an Agile environment