Principal Program Manager, Accessibility
Amazon Web Services, Inc
Seattle, WA,UNITED STATES
Are you passionate about accessibility? Do you want to enhance the experience of employees and candidates with disabilities at one of the largest employers in the world? Do you have the ability to educate and influence others about accessibility best-practices and implement a solid strategy for adopting accessible solutions? Amazon is looking for a global Accessibility Program Manager (PM) to analyze and drive improved accessibility of digital tools, services and websites that our employees use every day to do their jobs. The Accessibility PM will also influence tools and technology used by job applicants, candidates and contingent staff. Assistive technologies like JAWS, ZoomText and TextHelp, as well as accessibility test tools like Deque WorldSpace, Compliance Sheriff, and FireEyes are all in scope. In addition, the PM will identify labor laws or practices, evaluate existing controls, and work to remediate any potential gaps.
As the Accessibility PM, you will collaborate with Human Resources, engineering teams and IT professionals to evaluate the accessibility of internal tools and training materials as well as define accessibility standards across the product portfolio. You will own documentation of new accessibility processes and provide expert insights to existing technology and product teams within Amazon. You will influence stakeholders, including business leaders, to invest in enhancements for existing technology and to procure new technology that meets accessibility standards. You will think out of the box to find accessibility solution that meet business needs. This is a big, global role with the ability to advance accessibility at one of the largest employers in the world.
The successful candidate should have:
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Knowledge of upcoming changes and trends that will drive accessibility standards in the future
· Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across Amazon’s HR organization and business leaders
· Ability to influence stakeholders and be a strong internal advocate for accessibility
· Ability to work independently and with limited general supervision
· Ability to effectively prioritize competing demands
· Ability to collaborate and drive resolution when conflicts arise
· Demonstrated ability to drive process changes across large organizations
· Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent work or military experience
· 5+ years experience with accessibility and/or assistive technologies
· In depth knowledge of accessibility standards (e.g., W3C and WCAG 2.0)
· 2+ years experience in assistive technology for both desktop and mobile environments (e.g., screen readers, magnifiers, closed captioning, and alternative input devices)
· Experience in hardware devices needed to utilize accessibility features of software and websites
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
· Experience with JAWS, ZoomText,TextHelp, Deque WorldSpace, Compliance Sheriff, and/or FireEyes
· Experience developing accessibility features/functionality, or experience evaluating accessibility of tools/resources.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze HTML code for accessibility issues
· Demonstrated ability to analyze data and employ problem-solving skills to effectively communicate the most accessible solution
· Knowledge of accessibility and/or accommodation laws and regulations, particularly as related to employment
· Experience with making/evaluating job accommodations
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.