UX Accessibility Analyst
The candidate will have deep knowledge of WCAG 2.0, A and A, and to a lesser degree experience with Section 508, a good understanding of accessibility and usability for disabled people, and experience with assistive devices and building accessible web products.
• Provide website accessibility services to conduct full website reviews, analysis, remediation and functional testing.
• Assess and optimize website designs through review and analysis of user needs to meet the website accessibility needs.
• Provide technical assistance and remediation guidance to designers, developers and QA.
• Recommend potential solutions by evaluating new and emerging assistive technologies designed to increase accessibility.
• Perform full cycles of sprint, regression, and integration testing
• Generate test summary reports after each testing cycle to show testing progress, actual testing results, and pass/fail status
• Provide regular status updates on completed tasks and planned testing tasks as outlined in the project schedule, issues, risks, and other action items
• Direct previous experience with developing/designing and testing websites to ensure conformance to WCAG 2.0 – Level A/AA.
• Experience in WAI-ARIA implementation
• An understanding of W3C standards-compliant HTML and CSS
• Experience using Web Accessibility Evaluation Tools
• Knowledge of assistive technologies used for web browsing such as JAWS or NVDA
• Should have multi-tasking abilities, be able to meet deadlines without compromising quality
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• 5+ years of professional web experience
Bachelors degree or similar